The Case of Abdullah Cömert
Abdullah Cömert was shot to death by the police with a tear gas canister during Gezi Park demonstrations in Hatay on 3 June 2013 at about 23.00.
Public Prosecutor in Hatay indicted on 24 March 2014 the police officer Ahmet Kuş for the death of Abdullah Cömert and Hatay Heavy Penal Court No. 2 approved the indictment on 15 April 2015.
After the approval of the indictment, lawyer of Cömert family Hatice Can applied to the court for the arrest of the defendant police officer Ahmet Kuş. The request was rejected by the court on the ground that Ahmet Kuş was owner of business and there was no possibility of escape.
- First Hearing - July 4, 2014
- Second Hearing (1) - September 15, 2014
- Second Hearing (2) - November 4, 2014
- Third Hearing - February 3, 2015
- Fourth Hearing - April 1, 2015
- Fifth Hearing - June 12, 2015
- Sixth Hearing - October 9, 2015
- Seventh Hearing - November 20, 2015
- Eighth Hearing - January 15, 2016
- Ninth Hearing - February 19, 2016
- Tenth Hearing - March 14, 2016
Etiketler: Abdullah Cömert